Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was Friday the 13th, what a day to choose for a track day right? Well some people had some bad luck, but I managed to keep the shiny side up the whole time. I went with Cascade Tracktime, which from what I hear are a little faster than the other groups that do PIR track days. I was in the slow group, and there were some guys in there that were fast as F#@k! Good times.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Great pics bro. Glad you had fun. Your head and line of sight are great. You need to work on body position though. It looks like you're fighting the bike. In the second pic, you're turning righ and your right shoulder is over the gas cap. It should be the opposite. Get your left shoulder over the gas cap. Getting off the bike will allow you to be smoother and carry more corner speed at the same lean angles. It will also allow you to lean the bike over more and get on the gas quicker and harder. And get some knee pucks.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nice pics. bro!...the third pic. What happened to your knee puck?

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
you need to get off the seat more, and you look a bit crossed up on the bike, you should practice moving your shoulders evenly w/ your butt, and not just moving one part of your body.
practice this and you will be able to carry more corner speed with less lean angle, translation, you will go faster, safer.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm already looking forward to the next track day to work on my form, and I'll probably get some pucks too :mrgreen: My pants came without pucks, is that weird?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
nice pics!!!! i envy you... i need to hit the track. i got a track about 2 hours away. i've never done it before, but every post i see like this makes me want to brake out the credit card and get out there. it pretty pricy right??

what did it cost you? i would need leathers too. if any one else knows the cost of a first track day let me know,i was from what i've her in the past is hat i will need about $500.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice pics!!!! i envy you... i need to hit the track. i got a track about 2 hours away. i've never done it before, but every post i see like this makes me want to brake out the credit card and get out there. it pretty pricy right??

what did it cost you? i would need leathers too. if any one else knows the cost of a first track day let me know,i was from what i've her in the past is hat i will need about $500.
It was $195. I've heard anywhere from $150 to $200 for track days. For gear they required a back protector and 1-piece leathers, or 2-piece leathers with a 360 degree zipper. Also you'll want a tent (canopy kind, not camping kind), table, chairs, cooler, food, tools (zip ties and duct tape) and anything else you can think of for spending half the day in a hot parking lot, working on your bike or just resting. I'm a poor college student, so luckily for me I had friends with all that stuff doing the track day with me. All I had to do was ride my bike there then tape up the lights and take off the mirrors.

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
I just got back from the track as well. i've only done a handful of days so far, its so freaking addicting.

here's a pic from thursday.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
turn 2? or 11? next time im going out......im dragging elbowz:fact

·
Custom User Title
1,824 Posts
Why aren't your tail lights taped?
i just disconnect the tail light, its faster and easier. taping lights is stemmed from cars with glass lights, if something happened they would shatter into a million pieces unless taped, it holds it the glass together. plastic doesn't shatter into a million bits, so its not necessary. just disconnected. i dont' tape up the frotn lights or blinkers either, i just disconnect the fuses.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts