Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hauled 2 bikes in a truck bed before? If so, how'd you do it. We're trying to get our hands on a trailer, but if we dont find one, may have to resort to this. Anyway, anyone else goin to Daytona? That's where we're headin this weekend. Oh, and if anyone is around Pensacola, FL and has a trailer I could "rent" for the weekend, please let me know!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
it will work in a full size truck. i went to myrtle beach bike week and i put my bike and a busa in a ford p/u one faces toward the front and the other faces the rear. it will def. work...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Like spaz said it will def work just put one facing the front and one facing the back. Just make sure they are both strapped down good and both wheels are straight.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put an extra hook in the center of the front of the bed. Works so well that when I haul one bike, I still have it off to one side. Ties don't hit the bodywork (I use soft ties, hate canyon dancers).

·
Insert witty comment here
2,787 Posts
we had 2 04' R1's in the bed of a full size chevy side by side facing forward...so yes it will work...problem with his was findin a place to unload at mid ohio...with a 9" lift and 35' tires it was a lil difficult to find a nice hill to get them off :poke

·
Insert witty comment here
2,787 Posts
i forgot to mention you might want to look into the bar harness http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/57-CDANC
they work great...i had to haul my 05' R6 home from the dealer cause of the snow and we used those and the bike never moved at all...only problem is i dunno how good they'd work with 2 bikes in the truck...just a thought tho

·
Registered
157 Posts
My bro-in-law and i did our 2 05 R6's in the back of my father-in-law's 2000 Toyota Tundra TRD with no issues and both bikes facing front....just had to leave the door to the flatbed down and strapped them down tight......we also rented a 05 Ford F150 a month ago and they fit perfectly with both bikes again facing foward and the door was actually closed with maybe an inch of room to spare.....so it's possible as long as you have the full flatbed....

·
I eat YOUR r6
807 Posts
ahhh yes i brought the 05 raven home from the dealer with the $30 canyon dancers too .............worked great but i still kept stopping every 5 mins paranoid as **** :idea:

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive had my R6 and my friends VFR in the back of my full sized truck. we used canyon dancers and soft tie downs..worked great and we barely looked back cuz they were pretty damn secure. and it was a 5 hour trip too

·
Registered
59 Posts
friend and i BARELY fit 2 street bikes in a ford ranger!! yeah its unbelievable, but its true (other one was a honda, thank goodness its a very skinny bike

·
What what what what.
1,074 Posts
You can use these anchor things that you can get here: http://motorhelmets.com/htm1/accessories-tiedown-table.htm They are about half way down the page.... They fasten to the front top of your truck bed in the middle, so you have place to tie down on each side of the two bikes. I hope that wasn't too confusing....

·
Registered
162 Posts
suekie said:
friend and i BARELY fit 2 street bikes in a ford ranger!! yeah its unbelievable, but its true (other one was a honda, thank goodness its a very skinny bike
+1
I put my bike and my gf SV in the back of my ranger quite often.
Once you get the hang of it, its not a problem.
I also put another tie-down point in the middle of the bed. makes things alot more secure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts