Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just watched Faster...the movie.. (thanks to all who made it possible to for us to download!!) I had no idea that they were still using 2-strokes for racing...

I mean my 04 r6 is a 4-stroke....and I can't even imagine having an equilivant 2-stroke bike THE FUCKING TORK!!!...how the hell do they keep the fucking front tire on the ground...not to mention....not sliding the rear tire out from uner them...

simply amazing....

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah, they say the 500cc two stroke was one of the hardest bikes to ride. very vicious and high-sided a lot of people.

You should check out Faster and Faster 03'-04' They go into the 2003 season and just a bit of the 04...

·
Registered
995 Posts
after the end of 2003 all Motogp bikes were changed to 4 stroke, the reason that honda do so well is they were the first to develope a 4 stroke in 2002, and raced it in 2003 the rest were having to play catch-up. suzuki were the only factory team to use a 2 stroke in 2003, thats why there team was so weak in 2004

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
BRAVO said:
after the end of 2003 all Motogp bikes were changed to 4 stroke, the reason that honda do so well is they were the first to develope a 4 stroke in 2002, and raced it in 2003 the rest were having to play catch-up. suzuki were the only factory team to use a 2 stroke in 2003, thats why there team was so weak in 2004
I think the 4 stroke sounds tons better then the 2 strokes did... You can really hear the difference when they show the one corner in the movie and have a 2 then a 4 stroke go through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts