Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2000 R6 and recently (about 1 month or so) I've noticed that when the bike is cold my idle is really really low (under 1K). I've owned the bike now for about 1 1/2 and this is the first it's ever done that. Usually if it's cold i throw the choke on for about 20seconds and take it off and the bike would idle a littel rought but at the normal 1300RPM that it's supposed to. I recently had the bike serviced (oil change, spark plugs replaced etc) but it actually seemed to run a little worse when i got it out of the shop. I thought maybe my carbs could be dirty (though i use good gas and ride the bike very regularly) so i put in some fuel system cleaner and it seemed to help a bit but still when it's cold it idles very very low until it warms up then it idles normal. Anyone have similar issue or ideas as to what could be happening with it? The bike has a yoshi RS3 exhaust, and that's it as far as i know, i don't think it has a high flow air filter though. Any ideas? Carbs dirty? Air filter needs to be replaced? anything?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.