Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i was wondering if any one could help me out. When i start the bike up everything is normal and fine. Runs well temperature comes up well just as it should. Started to notice the other day that there is a slight but annoying rattle not a constant rattle maybe appears every 5-10 seconds. The sound is very similar to a loose nut or bolt. I have been through the whole bike and could not find anything, which i didn't think i would as the noise would be there from the start. I know the stories about cam chain tensioners which was my first thought but just a bit worried as the noise disappears once the throttle is applied. 100% not the clutch as sound is there when in gear out of gear clutch in and clutch out. Hope someone could help or point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

·
Build, Go fast...Repeat!
16 Posts
If you apply short bursts of throttle from idle and can hear the cam chain rattling on the right side of the motor I would go ahead and pick up an ape manual cct off ebay and this could be the culprit of your problem. I had this same issue and it seemed to clear it up.

·
Big ol pile of them bones
1,625 Posts
CCT for sure... Mine was crazy loud when i got my 01'. As WGSS said, APE manual CCT eliminated it completely on mine. Other than the normal "Yamaha Tick" they all have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there I'm more thinking CCT. Also I've been told it could be timing chain blades as they have rubber on them and it perishes. So then you get metal on metal. Think I might start with CCT then go on to have the top end stripped down to investigate needs the valves checking anyway so might as well have it all done ready for summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.