Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2000 r6 and I noticed that the fan is always on. when I turn the key to the run position it comes on and stays on no matter what temp im at. i found the connector to the fan and there is an extra empty connector that is black and blue wires, but the one the fan is plugged into is an black and white connector. I think they might be switched because the fan is blue and black and so is the empty connector but if so what is not plugged in? Im going to have and extra loose unconnected terminal either way.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Best bet is to check the wiring diagram for your bike and see what's up. Its the very last few pages of the service manual. It shows all wires with colours and all connectors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best bet is to check the wiring diagram for your bike and see what's up. Its the very last few pages of the service manual. It shows all wires with colours and all connectors.
Upon more investigation and a bright light i have found that the previous owner wired it up to stay on all the time. there wasn't an extra connector they made the 2 wires look like it was plugged in with some wire shrink around the 2 wires. I just plugged it back into its original position. Im sure the switch is bad if they wired it this way. only one way to find out as soon as this rain lets up, Thanks

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Upon more investigation and a bright light i have found that the previous owner wired it up to stay on all the time. there wasn't an extra connector they made the 2 wires look like it was plugged in with some wire shrink around the 2 wires. I just plugged it back into its original position. Im sure the switch is bad if they wired it this way. only one way to find out as soon as this rain lets up, Thanks
Ha, hilarious. My guess would also be a bad switch. I believe the switch should come on around 100'C, 212'F. You can check it with a multimeter. You should be able to find a cheap used one if it's a problem. Even new they're only like $30-40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts