Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 r6 with 30,000 miles. Since i bought the bike ive had issues with the throttle not being very responsive. Every time i rev the throttle it dies. I have to start slow til about 3000 r's before i can give it a good twist and the rpm's go up but when i release the throttle the rpm's go slowly down. Theres no snappy instant response at all. And as of yesterday the bike runs like total crap. Its falling flat on its face til about 6000 rpms then it will jerk forward like getting a boost of energy but then sputter and hesitate and run really rough. The best way to describe it is that it feels like its "bogging" out. Sorry for the poor description, hope i can find some help....

·
she already got me broke
168 Posts
mmm i had many problems with mine, so let me give you some points to look at. if you can leave it running without blip the throttle must be the air filter or spark plugs or probably fuel filter also but if it dies when throttle id say could be carb. cleaning, sync-out or TPS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm i had many problems with mine, so let me give you some points to look at. if you can leave it running without blip the throttle must be the air filter or spark plugs or probably fuel filter also but if it dies when throttle id say could be carb. cleaning, sync-out or TPS.

Ok so clean the jets and then sync out? Whats TPS?

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
Could be lots of things, most likely fuel mixture related. Standard starting point is check jets, fuel screws, float height and needles, and look for cracks in hoses and diaphragms that may be causing vacuum leaks.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
The best way to describe it is that it feels like its "bogging" out.
That is, without a doubt, the most awesome description of a troubled engine I have ever read.

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
The easiest thing to do is Seafoam it and then balance the carbs. If that doesn't work, rebuild the carbs. Even if that isn't the problem, they needed it anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts