Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've wanted a bike for a while. Never had/ridden a street bike but I knew I wanted an R6. Found a good deal on a 2000 but of course, I didn't check the lights until I got home. It appears to have aftermarket flush mounts on the front but they're not LED. Now, when I turn on the left signals, the left side works great, but the rear right flashes fast. When I turn on the right side, the left side does nothing as it should, the right rear flashes correctly, but the front right not the dash indicator light works. I don't believe it can be the bulb on the turn signal because it works when the ignition is on, but nothing for turn signal. I don't really want to start riding regularly until all the lights are working right. Any help would be much much appreciated!!

·
Fat + S = Fast
1,404 Posts
If it's a two filament bulb (like the oem bulb is) then the marker light might work fine but the turn signal filament can still be burnt out. Start at that right front signal.and check the bulb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! Luckily, I did already order some LED 2-stage bulbs to put in there, so I definitely hope that works. I checked it again yesterday and realized I was partially wrong. When I turn on the ignition, only that left front comes on and stays on, like a running light. All other turn signals stay off. Almost sounds like a wiring problem to me, but hoping that changing bulbs will fix everything. Will update on what I find out and thank you for your input, hope it works!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts