Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am semi new to the page and new to working on our bikes, I have been in the building process of a 2000 YZF R6, I have replaced the battery, coils, plugs, starter/solenoid, I had replaced the main wiring harness as best as I could find, oil/filter, fuel filter, I have a new stator but don't feel I need it,
Before I changed the coils and plugs I had no top end after 8500k felt super sputtery, rough take off, died when coming to stop, so I changed out the coils/plugs then had my power back, bike was good for about a week then recently died on highway twice, I made it home shut it off and haven't been able to start it since, battery started dying trying to start it so it got charged and is still good,
So today after work my uncle, cousin and have discovered something quite gross and odd looking, can someone please tell me what this is that is coming out of my bike and where this red hose I have is leading to, where would this liquid be coming from and why does it look like that, possibly why this could be happening or is this normal, i understand that is not a normal color of liquid and should not look like that. After I put the battery back in and started it all that started spraying everywhere that's the reason behind the red tube.

Please excuse my mess I've been stuck in one spot after work.

Thanks, Sean
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bag

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Aluminium foil Foil Cuisine Dish Bedrock

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a blow by from your crank case I would suggest a compression check but I have a good feeling that one or more of your rings on your piston is done in.
Yes I'm sure I may have a few bad rings hopefully not worse, but I did change out my stuck float needles #1 #2 #3 they were seized up #4 was the only one working, no more gas in my oil which I'm happy about, bike seems to have good compression when I let off though that doesn't mean much, compression test Before I took all that gas out was only running around 101 - 103psi all the way across
Can you explain how it was even turning over??
I will run another test after work and hope it gives a better reading with a actual oil,
That reading was done off of all that gas!!
Kinda sketchy to me!!
Thanks for the reply and looks like I will be definitely moving onto the rings next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts