Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a R6. I changed all the Plugs, Cleaned the carbs and Replaced to Diaphrams in the Carbs that were bad. Bike runs fine until I Get on the Trottle hard. Tonight I did that at a top speed of like 70 then BOG BOGGGG. Bike cuts off and will start but sputtery and if Throttle is applied. It will Die Out.
Help me please. I just spent $300.00 on Pluggs and that diaphrams. Im Lost.
I need this bike runnig. Its my Transportation to and from Work. PLEASE POINT ME IN A BETTER DIRECTION.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
it might be an electricity problem...check that all the plugs are gapped correctly

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes they are id suppose. THis was the Problem before changing the Plugs and still the same, So Doubtful thats it. I will try that though. But for it to run fine when cold. Makes good Plug gapping, not seem relevant.

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Have you checked your air filter and intake? If your carbs are clean, and if your fuel flow is nominal (no fuel filter problems) and you plugs are correctly gapped (don't assume that just because you got new plugs and spent $$$ on them that they are correctly gapped straight out of the box, sometimes they aren't), then the only variable left in the equation is AIR.

Check your air. From the ram air to the filter to the stacks and air box - make sure you don't have oil in there from the breather hose (seen that cause this type of problem many times).

If all of that is ok - then you've may have a bigger problem. Here's to hoping it ain't so.

By the way - you might wanna check your throttle itself if all else fails. cable, free play, sensor, etc. Hope some of this is helpful to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mechanic Came By again, It was the Fuel Pump the Whole Time.
When the key was turned on, No Humming. Used another Pump., It humms Every time. I will do a test run tomorrow, But im sure that was it. Mahalo for the Tips PEople.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i believe varnar6 hit it right on the money. follow exactly what he's talking about, sounds like its most likely an air problem if you've done everything else. let us know how you make out, if all else fails, im sure we can come up with more ideas. Good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fuel Pump- Problem Solved

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
:lmao

Excellent, glad to hear you found your culprit.

btw I heading to Hilo this August, old roomy from undergrad years and his old gf are getting married. I'll be there for a couple of weeks - was beginning to wonder if there's any place to rent a bike - doesn't have to be sport - don't care what it is really as long as it's two wheels and not a scooter :)

Know of any place?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts