Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue getting any response from my TPS while it is mounted on the bike. With the TPS off, when I turn it with my finger I can measure a smooth change between ~0.5 and 5.5 k ohm with my multimeter. I can also adjust and hit the "sweet spot" using the tach (and my fingers). However, when I have the tps screwed into place, I can' measure any change in resistance with my multimeter, nor does the bike recognize any change via the tach while in TPS mode.

It seems as if the throttle shaft isn't sticking out of the carbs far enough to engage the TPS. Is this possible? or is my TPS just varying resistance at a rotation that it can't reach while bolted down? I also can't measure any resistance change by moving the throttle with the TPS installed.

I'm far more familiar with EFI systems, but I doubt that the throttle shaft can slide in and out for any reason, but it really seems to not make contact with the inside of the TPS.

Thanks for any advice, I don't really want to drop 20% of the value of the bike on a new sensor if I don't have to.

·
Big ol pile of them bones
1,624 Posts
It's possible your not getting it aligned with the shaft. Was there an issue with it? Just wondering why anyone would mess with these things, unless it has failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was running like it was rich or the timing was way off, on and off. Then I noticed the tach was doing the 0-3k-actual cycle, indicating a TPS problem. It's lining up and slipping into the hole, but it doesn't seem the shaft protrudes enough. I saw a pic of one with a clip of some sort in there, which makes more sense. I'm trying to find it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts