Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my roommate has an '01 IS300 which he turbo charged, and he claims that it puts out 470 bhp and 373 hp @ the wheel. I haven't picked up my new 2003 R6 yet, but I'm wondering how bad I will smoke his ass is we ever race? Will it be even close?

·
Registered
289 Posts
yeah those turbo IS300 are a bad ass car to turbo, he will be in the 12's, maybee close to 11's if hes a good driver. i know this cause im into the rsx, and a turbo is300 is equal to a turbo rsx, which can run 11's.

but yeah u will still smoke him

·
Registered
318 Posts
thats a hell of a turbo kit to take him up from 215hp to 375. But yeah they are decent turbo but you should be able to get him. good luck to ya

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I forgot to mention is that the 2001 was the first year production of the IS300 and ONLY came as an AUTOMATIC transmission. SO he turbo charged an automatic, and had to add a shift kit to help change gears. Without the shift kit, it would redline in first gear and not change unless he let up on the gas. But now with the kit, everything seems pretty smooth. The blow off valve sounds really sweet.

I still think I can take him.

Thanks for the support fellas.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So are we talking real racing... or straight-line hero bullshit?

I am assuming straight-line. So it will come down to operator error, since I doubt either of you are accomplished drag racers in your respective vehicles. Whoever fucks up the start will loose.

And you have a better chance of fucking up; your buddy doesn't have to worry about looping his Lexus. All he has to do is drop the hammer and hope his tires hook up.

·
Registered
951 Posts
RockyR6 said:
So are we talking real racing... or straight-line hero bullshit?

I am assuming straight-line. So it will come down to operator error, since I doubt either of you are accomplished drag racers in your respective vehicles. Whoever fucks up the start will loose.

And you have a better chance of fucking up; your buddy doesn't have to worry about looping his Lexus. All he has to do is drop the hammer and hope his tires hook up.
too true... too true... my favorite are the front wheel drive racers *cough* civics*cough*inports*cough* :throwup

·
Registered
96 Posts
900hp supra does 1/4 mile in like what, 10 sec? R6 does 1/4 mile in what? 11 sec? Your buddies is300 is a supra motor with turbo cranking out a claimed hp of almost 500hp, theres no way he can pull 12's in an automatic like that. Combine the slow launch with the major turbo lag (if he's pumping that much power) you'll be halfway done before his turbo spools. This is just my guess, but I think theres no way in hell he can keep up, let alone beat u.

·
Registered
951 Posts
fruitcake said:
900hp supra does 1/4 mile in like what, 10 sec? R6 does 1/4 mile in what? 11 sec? Your buddies is300 is a supra motor with turbo cranking out a claimed hp of almost 500hp, theres no way he can pull 12's in an automatic like that. Combine the slow launch with the major turbo lag (if he's pumping that much power) you'll be halfway done before his turbo spools. This is just my guess, but I think theres no way in hell he can keep up, let alone beat u.
it would take some mods to make a supra get 900hp and make 10sec quarter mile me thinks more around 12-14 secs look around at a stock quarter mile times. i seem to remember seeing a supra that (one of the few) that hit 10 seconds and it was insanley decked out. but again it's all about the driver.

http://www.google.com/search?q=supra+stock+quarter+mile

·
Registered
91 Posts
Actually supras are easy to get into the low 12s high 11s. all they are is a strait line care and the are pretty damn fast. as for turbo lag all he has to do it prime the turbo befre the lanch and voula no lag.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
ok now i used to own a IMPORT. and with all the research i did when i owned it a is300 with just a turbo will not put out that much HP, if it is and he hasnt done anything to the bottomend on that thing its gonna blow like the H_BOMB in hiroshima. as for who would win, what else but the R6. ofcourse it is like rocky said above, it will come down to how good YOU ride the bike and get off the line. :cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys crack me up. I'll find out the exact mods/specs for my rommmate's turbo charged IS300....for those of you that are curious. I also have a 2003 IS300 (manual) that is stock, because rather than wasting close to $10 grand on a turbo+mods, I did the smart thing and bought an R6 for less.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
bkchun99 said:
You guys crack me up. I'll find out the exact mods/specs for my rommmate's turbo charged IS300....for those of you that are curious. I also have a 2003 IS300 (manual) that is stock, because rather than wasting close to $10 grand on a turbo+mods, I did the smart thing and bought an R6 for less.
you are a smart man, besides you cant have nearly as much fun in the IS as you can on the R6. :cheers

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
loki1313 said:
you are a smart man, besides you cant have nearly as much fun in the IS as you can on the R6. :cheers
True, but doing high speed drifting through a turn is fun though, I wouldn't even think of doing that on my R6! I have a buddy who has an IS300 and takes it up in the hills for some drifting.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
loki1313 said:
True, but doing high speed drifting through a turn is fun though, I wouldn't even think of doing that on my R6! I have a buddy who has an IS300 and takes it up in the hills for some drifting.
man i love to drift, if i didnt need a truck i would probably have some kinda car i could drift in. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not an "expert" or anything but, I have worked in the import performace business for the last 4yrs. I have seen many, many bikes get whooped by cars!!! From a dead stop say street light to street light if you know how to launch you'll be stompin' his ass while he's spinnin' !! Now on the highway from a roll if he makes about let's say an optimistic 400hp you will yank him on initial acceleration but, beware!!! Motorcycles have the aerodynamic effeciency of a bus and he will probably be out for a walk we you see his bumper!! Figure hp/lb and then factor in aerodynamic efficiency!! All of a sudden not so far fetched!! Bottom line! Race from a dead stop and whoop his ass!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.