Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheers whats going on everyone. i just bought an R6, it has 20k miles on it and got a couple questions for you guys. first i was wondering if it is normal if it boggs slightly at low rpms when its fully warmed up. also when its fully warmed up it wont start without giving it a little gas. Last question is, is the engine supposed to make loud clicking noises (while idling) after u just ride it hard. just some things ive noticed and thinking about, thanks

·
Lets go ride
433 Posts
hay up man. i have a 2001 too. its not sopposed to make a load clicking
noise. if your in low rpm it dose stutter. the power ban is high on that bike. keep it above 4 to 5. you sould be good. and starting i always give it a little gas. warm or not. but the clicking. i would get that checked out. happy riding :cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
i had a similar question about my 01. It was more a low winding noise then a clicking...if i could compare it to something it would be to a car when the powersterring pump is busted. The noise stays with it if i idle, rev or drive it....my buddy said its probably normal, bikes make more then one noise ;)

my .02

·
2FAST4U
14 Posts
The "clicking" noise is your valves. You need to have them adjusted. Either the clearance between the valve and the cam shaft is way off causing them to slap together or it is too tight causing the valves to stay open somewhat which causes the piston to slightly tap the valve causing a clicking noise. GET IT CHECKED quickly or you could be in for a very expensive engine rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts