Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on replacing the headlight bulb (s) in my R6 (2001) and wanted to know the PIAA part number to upgrade them. Is it a stock H7 bulb?

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i hope you guys stay away from those generic "xenon" bulbs. those tend to melt your headlights housings and wiring harness. these bulbs use high wattage, way too much. i would recommend stay with stock type or upgrade to the $400 HID kits.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tried to find the type in my '01 owner's manual but no luck. Just like stone said, it says do NOT use a headlight bulb of wattage higher than specified. I have seen that happen to a car about the wiring harness. GOOD advice!

·
Registered
162 Posts
just get some decent H4's and again, try to avoid the high wattage ones. I have ran the higher ones and everything was fine, but I have heard of people melting their wiring, not worth the risk. Stock is 55/60 or something close to that. After using many many many types of bulbs, I got the sylvania silverstar. They are white (not blue), bright, and inexpensive.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasnt going to run the cheapo's ..at least run the PIAA's....thanks for the info guys!!!

Dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
stock bulbs

i bought my 00' r6 used and don't know if the bulbs are stock but they are bright as hell. Think they are pointed a little high right now are they adjustable?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts