It's a lifestyle
155 Posts
0mpg when the bike is stationary with the engine running. :*tongue

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2002 with the -1/+2 gets around 30mpg at the most
Im in actually clocking mine this tank, so far ive gone 100 miles after filling up almost to the top. Specs say the 01's have 4.5 gal not sure if thats including reserve. Im hoping over 30 would be nice...

·
'taking n00bs to school'
95 Posts
Im in actually clocking mine this tank, so far ive gone 100 miles after filling up almost to the top. Specs say the 01's have 4.5 gal not sure if thats including reserve. Im hoping over 30 would be nice...
The most I can get in my tank is 3.6ish, I have no idea where you're getting the 4.5

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Wow... here we are again.. and me still feeling pretty spiffy...

I get MINIMUM 165 miles out of a tank on my 02. I've seen over 200 on long trips. That's going usually 3-5 miles after the light comes on.

I don't baby it, but I don't race, either.

must be the carbs :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
The most I've seen out of mine is 180 to a tank, but my brain only knows how to communicate "Twist" to my right hand when I ride. :)

I have an 01 r6, with a Vance & Hines S4 Titanium slip on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I get MINIMUM 165 miles out of a tank on my 02. I've seen over 200 on long trips. That's going usually 3-5 miles after the light comes on.
damn, i only get about 120 miles tops out of a full tank before my light comes on

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I dont push pass 135 but I did get 150 before the season changed...

Currently I have - Ignition Advancer, Stage 1 Dynojet Ket, BMC Racing Filter and soon to be Vstacks -- Dont tell anybody though

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
What did u do to the carbs?
Not real sure :dunce: Original owner is a bike mechanic.. something about stage 2 carbs :D Haven't chatted with him long enough to get details, but its stompin' fast! No issues chasing down my buddies 750 gixxer or besting a zx7r on top end... but its all for gas mileage, right? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts