Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my 2001 r6 last weekend and the second race I raced I was having issues at the start of the race. I pulled my clutch in and started to rev the engine and the bike started to move forward. Not wanting to get a jump start, I had to opt for a rather horrible start not to get a ride through penalty.

I have tried adjusting the turning mechanism by the clutch lever and that has not helped and the bike still moves forward when the engine revs above 3K, despite the clutch lever being pulled in. Any ideas what is happening or what I should do to correct the issue at hand?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is another adjuster down at the clutch cover. Sounds like you need more pull on the cable
I had looked a that and it was tight within spec, so I took the entire clutch system apart over the weekend and found two broken friction plates, and the clutch boss worn to hell. The basket was surprisingly in good and workable condition. New plates, and a new slipper clutch ordered, I should be a happy man on the track again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts