Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

the bike I bought had already had the plug cut off and new connectors put on. Well the stator went bad and the plug fried at the RR again. I've replaced the Stator and cut and put new connectors at the RR, but I forgot to look at what prong on the Rectifier is positive and which one is negative. Does it even matter? I know the 3 bottom prongs are for the stator white wires. I've checked the RR if it's still good, and tested good.
Just don't know which wire from the battery goes to the RR. Thanks guys.
This bike is giving me a headache. I had to push it home for 8 blocks cuz it decided to die on me. Battery Fully charged, and stator has been replaced.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts

·
Big ol pile of them bones
1,620 Posts
Hi Guys,

the bike I bought had already had the plug cut off and new connectors put on. Well the stator went bad and the plug fried at the RR again. I've replaced the Stator and cut and put new connectors at the RR, but I forgot to look at what prong on the Rectifier is positive and which one is negative. Does it even matter? I know the 3 bottom prongs are for the stator white wires. I've checked the RR if it's still good, and tested good.
Just don't know which wire from the battery goes to the RR. Thanks guys.
This bike is giving me a headache. I had to push it home for 8 blocks cuz it decided to die on me. Battery Fully charged, and stator has been replaced.
Here you go. I put this in the back of my manual when I had to fix mine.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Yep, that's the same as the diagram in the service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts