Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was letting my girlfriend ride my bike around and she was just putting around an mtpy parking lot in first ger for about 10 minutes going no more than 10. after a little bit she stalled and after that it got harder and harder to start and eventually t the point where even with full choke and giving it a goodbit of throttle, it just skips and wont start.

I think it is electrical because the dash does come on and everythong when the the key is turned but when I try and start it it appears like the battery has died because the trip meter appears as 0 which means its lost power or the battery is dead.

it almost sounds like its not getting enough juice from thre battery to start but when it does get going it idles like crap for a second anddies!

please help!

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,250 Posts
Check your rectifier plug and wiring. Check your charging system.

Use the search function for more info. There are dozens of threads on charging system and rectifier issues on 99-01 bikes, alone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt really see anything. But its gotta either br the stator, battery, or rectifier because the dash shows that the battery has died. Do you think that the fact that I rode about 20 miles with my positive battery screw not connected just dcrewed the battery or rectifier or something?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're still having this issue stick the battery on a battery tender and see if that solves anything. Once you get it running, you can check the charging system with a multimeter. There are plenty of threads explaining what kinds of values you should be seeing. If charging the battery doesn't solve anything try push starting the bike. Can you hear it trying to turn over or does nothing happen when you try to start it? How bright is the headlight compared to normal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts