Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
vroom vroom party starter
137 Posts
I raced an 06 G1K tonight... beat him straight up... I ran an 11.5 he ran an 11.8...

he spun pretty bad.. lol

the 11.5 was my qualifying run.. and what do I do in round 1? redlight by .022... BAH

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
not to take away from you man, but the guy on the 1k must not be much of a rider. Those will go deep in the 10s right out of the box and I know for sure that the r6 will not get in the 10s without some work. It only gets worse with the newer 1ks.

My buddy has an 07 gsxr 1k set up for the race track (meaning slicks and tall gearing) and ran a 10.45 on it after never being at the track. Duder is 6'3" and weighs probably 220.

Me, at 6' and 200 lbs, on my 05 ninja 636 with HELLA parts ran a 10.54 with a better 60' and plenty of practice, and I know for sure that my ninja is faster than your r6..i used to have an 01 r6 with lots of parts.

If you are cleaning up in the streets, its time to hit the strip for some education.

·
Registered
97 Posts
when a 600 beats a 1k no one believes it and wants video evidence. In this case there IS video proof and now theres another excuse why the 600 shouldnt have won. Amazing...

It doesnt take much skill to go straight. IF the guy in the 1k wasnt a great rider and messed up the launch then fine. But with all the power a 1k has the rider should easily have compensated for that (longer gears = less shifting = less skill = less work for the 1k rider). So give the OP his props

And btw, a stock r6 runs 10s factory...it may be the high 10s but its still in there

·
Registered
29 Posts
What was your 1/8th ile time and mph on your 636?
nice job i beat a zx10 didnt believe myself but it happened and he is pretty good at drag racing hey beat a hyabusa last thursday night two times then he put his buddy on it he ran 611 i ran 680 but i wasnt dissappointed a 600 against a 1300

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
nice run. always nice to see a 6 take down a 1k

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
redisdeadrideblue... no one knows whats done to the r6, obviously its far from stock but its still a 600 that will walk on a 1k unless it has nitrous or alot of work...your just another one of those no matter what a 600 cant beat a 1k strait up....the r6 runs low 6's 1/8th and high 9's 1/4....here a video of the r6 beating a zx14 strait up.... bet you'll say hes a bad rider...well guess what he had a 1.4 60's just like me so stfu....****ing people i sware...

zx14
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nasty-R6-vs-ZX14_175777.htm

·
Registered
376 Posts
redisdeadrideblue... no one knows whats done to the r6, obviously its far from stock but its still a 600 that will walk on a 1k unless it has nitrous or alot of work...your just another one of those no matter what a 600 cant beat a 1k strait up....the r6 runs low 6's 1/8th and high 9's 1/4....here a video of the r6 beating a zx14 strait up.... bet you'll say hes a bad rider...well guess what he had a 1.4 60's just like me so stfu....****ing people i sware...

zx14
Even Gadson had to use a strap and a gear to hit a 9.96 on the older R6 which has more low end power than the new model. An amature rider should be able to hit 10's with a lot of work. Not everybody is a pro rider. There's a hell of a lot more 1k's in the 10's than R6's. My bike is the shit, but I'm not gonna downtalk literbikes because of it.

·
Registered
263 Posts

zx14
:nocontrol Sorry dude unless your heavily moded,geared,and strapped no 600 is going to get into the 9's I spend alto of time on the track (at least once a month) I consider myself pretty experienced on the track. Im not heavily moded all that much, i am geared (-1+2) and wasn't strapped, my best time to date was my last track day last week and that was 11.02. and my 60ft was 1.54 not my best launch ever but still decent. Anyway on that race i got owned by an 05 gsxr 1k completely stock with a rider who has only been on the track twice. he ran a 10.69. I did get him off the launch but even geared he over powered me by the 1/8 mile mark. Like someone already said the original video who knows what's done to that 600 and for it to only loose by what it did then it was either heavily moded or crazy geared or both, or the dude on the 1k was a shitty riding. Im not at all downing 600's but you guys are only tricking yourselves, anyone honestly thinking a 600 has a chance motor on motor no moded against a 1k seriously needs to spend a day at a track and try to learn something:bash

·
Registered
376 Posts
Absolutely

I think people don't understand the power difference. Do a roll on run on the high way and see how well you tag up to a liter bike... you'll get dusted

What those bikes do with novice drag racers we have to do on our best days

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
First of all, if you haven't drag raced a 1k, you have no clue how difficult they are to launch cleanly and fast.

Secondly, I am pretty sure that I have spent more time at the strip with my 01 r6.. I had to put a slip on, air filter, gear down, and a 520 conversion to get into the 10s without lowering it or stretching it. Granted, I weigh 200 lbs, but it takes a damn good rider to get a stock 600 in the 10s..and magazine numbers are not real world numbers.

My 636 is capable of a nine right now. I ran a 10.54 on it with a 1.59 60 foot time... my girl gets on it and runs a 10.20 with a 1.78 60 foot. She also only weighs 105lbs. If she cuts the same 1.59 60 foot time, that is a guaranteed 9 second quarter mile.

There are plenty of 636s pulling this off. One guy in florida with a full motor and nitrous just broke into the 8s.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Unless you have an absolute boatload of parts on an older r6, you are not running nines. You can tell me to STFU, but I invite you any day with your 9 second r6 to come toe to toe with my ninja at Sacramento Raceway or maybe Infineon... A little breakdown of my 636 that still gets beat by fast literbikes...

Full Ti Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust, PC3 (with a custom dyno tune), BMC race filter, Naarden adjustable lowering links, Schnitz racing lowering strap, Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum rims, Catalyst Racing race fairings, MPS Air Shifter, Diamond Powersports 6 inch extensions, 520 conversion, -1/+3 gearing, smog removed, ngk iridium plugs, barnett clutch, metzeler drag-tec drag tire, and I run VP Racing Ultimate 4 Fuel. I also took off the horn, passenger pegs, and all the other crap not needed. My best 60' on it is 1.52 with a best run of 10.46 at 133 mph. My girl regularly traps 139-140 on it.

I have done the math and my homework numerous times over. I am not saying its not possible for a 600 to be fast, almost as fast as a 1k, but it costs a ton of cash and most folks would just buy the 1k. Assuming you had everything I had on your 600 and you were making 115hp, you are 60 horse short of a 1k already. We can be generous and say that a reworked head is worth 20 hp.. and a big bore 675cc kit is worth maybe another 15-20, you are still at least 10 hp short. Only problem is that you are out about $4-5k on top of the other stuff I listed....so again, buy a 1k. Or you could go with nitrous for cheap...cept i got a buddy here that has a 40 shot on his 636 and he has everything I do except the wheels and has had a best pass of 10.01.

Even with these mods, a slightly modded 1k will spank your ass. You are giving up 40% displacement and the old hot rodders (or their kids) know where I am going next. THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!! If you honestly believe that there is any 600 out there that will hang with a newer 1k on motor alone, you are deluded and need to go to the track where there are people with actual skill. You might have a chance if the dude on the 1k fails and you have an AMA spec motor, but considering those motors are very expensive and maintenance intensive (meaning not very streetable), I highly doubt some guy is running one around town.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts