Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal. I found this while shopping for my '03. Came across it while searching google for "R6 Invoice Cost" and some guy had posted it on a message board. He bought the ivoice info from www.atv.com.
Pardon me while I type this up, can't seem to find the version I saved on my machine :cuss !
And I quote:

Found this interesting, and how to pay for it so I thought I would help others out looking into the new R6. This is obviously in US Dollars.

Dealer Invoice Report 2003 YZF-R6

List Price: $7999 (Blue/White or Silver)
Dealer Invoice: $6737

List Price: $8099 (Black w/Red Flames)
Dealer Invoice: $6820

This dealer cost includes freight to the dealership.
Assembly Cost: $40 per Yamaha Pricesheet. Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale. There is no re-imbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $6777 (Blue/White or Silver)
Ready to sell cost: $6860 (Black/ Red flames)

This model Yamaha has a 3% (of list price = $202.11/204.60) dealer holdback/rebate. This holdback money is paid to the dealers at the end of the model year for units sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback/rebate.

Wholesale Incentives: None for this model

The "ready to sell" cost is the cost of the machine with no profit to the dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit. Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine.

Add the "Selling Price" to the "Frieght and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell" cost to determine the PROFIT the dealer is asking to make.

End quote.......

Hope this helps. Of course, all this depends on availability also...

P

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds right, my friend is a yamaha sales rep,, also happens to be the guys i bought my 03 flame R6 from,, (nice to know someone, once in awhile) anyway, i got it ofor 7300, before taxes title and tags, he told me he made around 500 on the deal, and he wouldn't lie,, oh yeah, i got a agv helmet that listed for 475, for 225,, mark up on that shit is out rageous.

anyway
later
dave

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, you got to do your shopping on it and have some patience. Unfortunately, the demand in the northeast was huge and it was next to impossible to find one so I took the first one I could get. Everytime I went into a dealership, they were sold out :!:

·
Registered
100 Posts
There must be a larger demand over ther for the R6, as in the UK you can almost walk into an Yamaha dealer and come out riding an R6/R1 :drink

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you thinkd that's expensive, Hawaii adds more to that price (This state is a damn rip off, can't wait to get back to Cali). I think the reason why Cali cost more is cuzz of the added emmission stuff down there. If you notice California specs differs from the rest of the country (also heavier by a couple of pounds). Peace

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just got mine... '03, completely new R6 with 0 miles, and it's the black with red flames. Got mine for about $7499.00 and %15 all accessories. Good deal, and my friend is picking up a silver one, same thing, and he's getting his in two weeks. Dayton, Ohio.

-SolaceRye

1 - 11 of 11 Posts