Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So couldn't really find anything on my search of the site. Does anyone have any map suggestions for a 520 vortex conversion? Also have fmf full exhaust and graves block off plates for air induction delete, k & n air filter as well as a speedo healer. The previous owner had a PC lll but didn't sell it with the bike.

It was dyno tuned with the PC lll but now runs a little rough without I got the PC v for a upgrade just new to the whole thing. Any advice is welcome thanks.

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So couldn't really find anything on my search of the site. Does anyone have any map suggestions for a 520 vortex conversion? Also have fmf full exhaust and graves block off plates for air induction delete, k & n air filter as well as a speedo healer. The previous owner had a PC lll but didn't sell it with the bike.

It was dyno tuned with the PC lll but now runs a little rough without I got the PC v for a upgrade just new to the whole thing. Any advice is welcome thanks.
I also did a quick shift upgrade as well.

·
Registered
2011 R6 Race Bike
129 Posts
Get your bike to a tuner and throw it on a dyno. Your chain size has nothing to do with the map...

You can find generic maps but in order to ensure your bike is running optimal, put on the dyno. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get your bike to a tuner and throw it on a dyno. Your chain size has nothing to do with the map...

You can find generic maps but in order to ensure your bike is running optimal, put on the dyno. Where are you located?
I'm in central Wisconsin I have no idea where the nearest dyno is.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you I am going to try that for sure, I'm guessing that increased your airflow? Was there a noticeable difference in how it sounded or was it strictly performance? And have you since discovered the range quantity for how far in either direction you can go?

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you I am going to try that for sure, I'm guessing that increased your airflow? Was there a noticeable difference in how it sounded or was it strictly performance? And have you since discovered the range quantity for how far in either direction you can go?
I was planning also since I have to drop the motor anyway this winter, gonna bore out the cylinders to 660 for a .5 increase and also get custom forged pistons. Would it still make a difference in performance to do this after that is done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts