Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
They (magazines) and people claim they can do a 10.8'ish. I suppose this could be possible at sea level and a nice track. In reality, I would shoot for a low 11. The best I have been able to pull is a mid 11, but my launches (60 foot times) have been horrible (1.9-2.0). I could probably get an 11.1'ish if my 60' time was spot on, and MAYBE break into the 10's if I were at sea level.

The hardest part about drag racing our bikes is the launch, by far. Remember, for every .1 second in the 60foot, its good for about .2 seconds in the overall 1/4 mile.

I'd go for solid mph your first few runs, you should be getting 124-126mph, give or take. If you are less than 124mph, I'd work on shifting, tucking, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They (magazines) and people claim they can do a 10.8'ish. I suppose this could be possible at sea level and a nice track. In reality, I would shoot for a low 11. The best I have been able to pull is a mid 11, but my launches (60 foot times) have been horrible (1.9-2.0). I could probably get an 11.1'ish if my 60' time was spot on, and MAYBE break into the 10's if I were at sea level.

The hardest part about drag racing our bikes is the launch, by far. Remember, for every .1 second in the 60foot, its good for about .2 seconds in the overall 1/4 mile.

I'd go for solid mph your first few runs, you should be getting 124-126mph, give or take. If you are less than 124mph, I'd work on shifting, tucking, etc.
Cool thanks for the response.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Baily is pretty much right on the spot.

i ran high 11's on my bone stock 07 R6. my 60 foot time was TERRIBLE, i was afraid to wheelie so i took off very slow. this was on a hot day in las vegas (2.5k feet elevation).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.