·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just did a 1000 mile Iron Butt on my 2003 R6 and found 2 new limits:

- My max single tank range was 168 miles
- I went 39.6 miles on reserve

I did run out of fuel, I actually found a gas station. Also, I was riding 95 MPH for the first 120 miles and dropped down to 70 when my reserve light came on. These were all highway miles.

I thought this was interesting to know and would have not stressed over that nearly 40 mile gas station search had I thought I actually might make it:)

Regards,
Gerald

·
PhotoChopper
2,369 Posts
Hello All,

I just did a 1000 mile Iron Butt on my 2003 R6 and found 2 new limits:

- My max single tank range was 168 miles
- I went 39.6 miles on reserve

I did run out of fuel, I actually found a gas station. Also, I was riding 95 MPH for the first 120 miles and dropped down to 70 when my reserve light came on. These were all highway miles.

I thought this was interesting to know and would have not stressed over that nearly 40 mile gas station search had I thought I actually might make it:)

Regards,
Gerald
wow thanks for posting this and taking time to actually test it :nocontrol

when my light came on and I was already at 12 miles with no gas station close, I was freaking out, but now I know that it's about 35-40 miles until you're screwed. :yuk:

·
my R6 eats asphalt
77 Posts
what if any up grades are you running? i'm only getting about 130 before the light comes on and only pushed it to 33 with the light on. tank took 4.2 gallons when i stopped to fill up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what if any up grades are you running? i'm only getting about 130 before the light comes on and only pushed it to 33 with the light on. tank took 4.2 gallons when i stopped to fill up
I have a Yoshi pipe and that is it. My bike had all fresh fluids, a new K&N air filter, and new spark plugs for the ride.

Gerald

·
my R6 eats asphalt
77 Posts
so we are pretty close even with all my mods thats pretty good for not haveing a custom tune

·
It was red, now an FZ1
39 Posts
Riding 1 up, I can go about 170 miles before my light comes on. If I gas up right then, or pretty close to that, I put in about 3.4 gallons, which works out to about 50 mpg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts