Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just switched from my 04 gsxr to an 07 R6. Its completely stock right now.

I saw complaints of the R6 being dog slow below 5-6k rpms which I assumed was not that drastic of an issue.

This thing feels like it might as be a wind up toy until then. Aside from a 520 conversion is there anything to make this a little more street friendly below the 5k RPMs range. On the GSXR I had no problem cruising at the 4k range and having immediate acceleration when I needed it.

·
Rad Ass
332 Posts
Hey guys just switched from my 04 gsxr to an 07 R6. Its completely stock right now.

I saw complaints of the R6 being dog slow below 5-6k rpms which I assumed was not that drastic of an issue.

This thing feels like it might as be a wind up toy until then. Aside from a 520 conversion is there anything to make this a little more street friendly below the 5k RPMs range. On the GSXR I had no problem cruising at the 4k range and having immediate acceleration when I needed it.
Welcome to the light side :hump

Put it on the track and keep the RPM above 9K, that's all I know to do :boob

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm out of Tulsa, OK so we only have one track that I know of and its not even that close to me.

I wasn't sure if anyone had an opinions on if the 15/50 520 conversion actually helped make it easier to cruise the streets at lower RPMs or not.

I prefer when on city streets that its not screaming along all the time but I guess if it comes down to it people will keep their caging asses away from me out of annoyance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.