definitely nice, post some pics up

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Did my nipples just get hard?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
dam i didnt know you were 17.....i just turned 25....where is time going, i guess you loose track of time when you spend 28 months in iraq between two deployments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
RC51s are heavy as shit... fun bikes, but you're going to work your ass off to be as fast as your buddies...

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RC51s are heavy as shit... fun bikes, but you're going to work your ass off to be as fast as your buddies...
The Honda's dryweight is 430 and my FZ6's dry weight (with front fairing) is 423. I figure around 418 without the fairing. So not too big of a difference. I hang with the locals at the Dragon on my FZ6. And I'm already easily the fastest of my riding buddies. Now with a bike that has a MUCH higher lean angle capability plus another 400cc's. Not all that worried about a couple pounds.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The Honda's dryweight is 430 and my FZ6's dry weight (with front fairing) is 423. I figure around 418 without the fairing. So not too big of a difference. I hang with the locals at the Dragon on my FZ6. And I'm already easily the fastest of my riding buddies. Now with a bike that has a MUCH higher lean angle capability plus another 400cc's. Not all that worried about a couple pounds.
Come back in a couple weeks and tell me how you feel... Ive ridden an RC (RVT1000) and they are decent bikes, but they are freight trains... Power means nothing at this stage of your riding and can probably get you in more trouble than you realize. Either way, have fun, its a decent bike for sure.

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come back in a couple weeks and tell me how you feel... Ive ridden an RC (RVT1000) and they are decent bikes, but they are freight trains... Power means nothing at this stage of your riding and can probably get you in more trouble than you realize. Either way, have fun, its a decent bike for sure.
Alot of people assume I'm just a typical kid 'til they actually ride with me. I'm pretty responsible with the throttle. I've had friends lose their lives on bikes and I don't want to be a statistic. I know it'll definitely be a whole new experience. I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes! :jester

·
EMT/FF/Rider
1,560 Posts
Man I just saw a race replica Fila 999 on craigslist for 6500. jealous.....

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Congrats bro:cheers

Yeah...I wanna see some pics as well...

Subbed

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I didn't mention earlier that it is wrecked. It needs new plastics, water pump cover, throttle tube, and killswitch. Then it'll be mint again. Still fires right up but I don't let it run since the water pump cover has a big hole in it. But oh my GOD that V-twin sounds so amazing. It's got Yoshimura RS-3 pipes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
during my search for another bike, the RC51 was on my list, til i found my R6.

nice, clean, original RC's are hard to find and are still bringing top dollar. good luck with the rebuild.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts