Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me what the hell you do with 180 horsepower in a street bike? please.. someone.. tell me... i find that a bit ridiculous... but please.. you tell me

·
Registered
293 Posts
they have to have a base for their race bike. why make one with less hp for the road? everyone would just want the race version.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good call indeed xr6ross.... now dont get me wrong either.. i think its hella cool.. but damn.. thats pretty hard core

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah spot on xr6ross.

You could say the same for cars, Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc why have so much performance if your only going to drive around on speed limited roads.

I can see the shit hit the fan soon when politicians get some sort of superbike scare brought up by minority groups & the try to cut the performace of these "killing machines" just to gain some votes.

We had this sort of thing happen in Australia in the 70's when car manufacturers where producing modified "homologation" specials to go "production car" racing. Cars that had big motors in small cars etc. Car companies got a scare & stopped producing them. We are only just recently getting back to some real performance cars you can get off the showroom floor because of it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Gives me wood, but i'll still outride my friends that have R1's in the twisties! :mrgreen:
Shit, I still find it hard for me to push my R6 to it's limits time and time again on the street. My insurance is also cheaper!

·
Registered
327 Posts
It has to put out more than 150 at the wheel. My boyfriend's 2001 GSX-R1000 stock put out 155 at the wheel. Figure about a 10% difference in crank, and wheel. So, the new R1 probably puts out 160-165 at the wheel.
Now imagine that with a can, and a power commander!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts