Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with an '04, what brand spools do you have? Been trying to find some but having trouble. Found a lot for earlier years but not the '04. Either regular spools or swingarm slider notched for use as spools will work. Thanks much!
:cheers

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
they are 6mm bolts. Go to kneedraggers.com they have some there. Or you can get one directly through Yamaha. It has the Yamaha symbol on it, but its a lil to rich for my blood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yup 6mm bolts......I went to the local cycle gear and got a pair of intuative swingarm sliders for about $35...but yeah kneedraggers.com is where my friend bought his about the same price too....plus they were pretty fast on shipping...

Havent tested them out yet....but they seem really sturdy and dont rattle loose after i torqued them down good.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah the spools are the exact match between the 03 and the 04. I got my pair at the dealership for 60 I think. Just make sure you use locktight to keepem on!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I got the Intuitive swing-arm sliders and they have worked great. Been wdown five times on the track since I mounted them, and there isn't a single scratch from the crashes.

I got them from a local shop, but you can find them online pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts