Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
HMM...

I'll stick with my '03 black and red flame... lol

Thanks for the update. I kinda like the silver though. Decent I guess.

-Solace

·
Registered
293 Posts
im pretty disapointed with the new r6. the one looks so awesome and has a huge upgrade in power. i wish they had kept them looking about the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 2003 R6 is not what I thought it would be. Figured it would have underseats like the R1 as well. Speaking of the R1 though, that thing is bad ass! I love the new styling.

·
Registered
308 Posts
New for 2004:

Remapped fuel injection for improved response throughout the powerband.~ this was introduced last year, maybe it had bugs that they tuned up. though i heard last years is a lot better than the carbs

Larger volume exhaust canister for improved exhaust flow at high rpm. ~Big deal! everyone puts an aftermarket one on anyways...well maybe not everyone... congrats to you still with stock pipes.

New-design 120/60-ZR17 front and 180/55-ZR17 rear Dunlop radial tires deliver excellent grip. I wonder what tire their using now?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm wondering why they are still sticking with the 60 front tire! 70 is a winter project for me.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Personally i dont want underseats. They make the rear end of the new honda and the Ducati look big'n'ugly. A nice can and chiseled tail look way better. Especially now the size of cans is increasing for better airflow. If they can keep the depth down twins then maybe.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
05 will bring a new r6

We just got the new style in 03, so wait a year

PERSONALLY:

I held on to my 01 because I like it better than the new ones

My next bike will be ano 04 R1

(Actually by the time I can afford it it will be an 05 :roll: )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts