Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2005 r6 with a dead cylinder changed plugs and coils no difference unplugged injectors one at and time and come to find out one of them is clogged but I switched the connectors to the first and second and the second had power so it’s not a power issue. I put some sea foam in the tank and within a few miles it started to clear as the bike hits 6000 rpm’s now from the research I’ve done I read there’s upper and lower injectors and the upper injectors kick in at high rpm’s so I’m thinking the upper injector cleared out a little bit. Only thing is I can’t seem to find injectors in the air box like they say the uppers are. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh good I didn’t think there was but after reading a couple different places that there were and having it clear up at exactly 6000 rpm’s I figured maybe there was. Any idea why it clears up and comes alive at exactly 6000rpms ?

·
Registered
05 StuntBike
13 Posts
Your coils have a primary and secondary fire. It sounds like your primary in a coil may be bad. Causing a misfire in the low end of the power band. You can pull the coil and ohm test the resistance to check both.
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Art

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
At higher RPMs. the engine's crankshaft is spinning with enough inertial force that dropping a cylinder may be less noticeable unless the engine is loaded. Load the engine and it'll be more noticeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts