Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get an integrated tail light for the 05 R6? They have them at the dealership for 100 bucks, but I am wondering if I can get it online cheaper, as I usually find better prices. Thanks!

:Laters
Robert

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
as the other threads say:

UFO from Hammythecanman.com is the only way to go. Hammy is a sponsor of this forum, and gets the best deals. That unit is $159 delivered.

The UFO is far superior to the standard integrator.
Most will be $$ and $100+, as the board has to be replaced. Why not get the best one made?? With patterns, different options, brighter LEDs....you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, sorry, did not see that posting. Yeah, I do want a better quality, I will check out that site and grab one there. Thanks!

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
I hope I don't regret getting the $74.99 LED integrater kit off ebay. I guess we will find out later this week when it arrives. If I have any probs on it, I'll be at hammythecanman.com buyin a new one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
Damn, after watchin those movies, I should have gotten the UFO's.....looks like I'll be resellin the ones i just got on ebay.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
most places they should all be legal...

The only thing you would have to check on are the running light portion

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check with the wife (She has her criminal justice degree here in Florida) and I will let you all know, at least what it is here in Florida. It really is crazy what is "illegal" here, where they can pull you over if they want to, thankfully most are not jerks like that. The few I do know of (if you are curious):
1. aftermarket exhaust (crazy, huh?)
2. bolts holding your license plate too large

·
Registered
15 Posts
All integrators are illegal due to federal regulations saying rear signals must be at least 9 inches apart. that being said I have one (Custom LED) and have not had a prob with local LEO. But those patterns are just screaming for attention you don't want. and the running lights do not seem to be very bright.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'd be happy with the clear alternative ones, for $80 I'll live with one pattern. Besides, why clutter up your trunk anymore than it is now.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I have nothing else in my trunk than I had before....

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
NoLegs said:
njk27 said:
I'd be happy with the clear alternative ones, for $80 I'll live with one pattern. Besides, why clutter up your trunk anymore than it is now.
I agree, but who sells the CA lights for $80?
ebay for $75 and check for a local dealer there is one by me that is on the list that sells em for $70 www.clearalternatives.com

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I have the CA integrator and couldn't be anymore happy. It all comes down to what you want. If you just want a standard blinker in your taillight, then I would get the CA... it's plenty bright enough and looks great. If you want all the extra stuff that the UFO does... then go ahead and pay the extra cash. All I wanted was for the back of my bike to look nice and clean.... I wasn't worried about having my lights flash in crazy patters. All depends what YOU want tho.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
^^^^^ 'zactly!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Florida Law and Integrated tail lights

OK, wife just called the DMV here in Florida, and here are the laws for the integrated tail lights, as they stand in the state of Florida.

They do not have to be 9 inches apart, this is false (at least by Florida law), as said in a previous post. They can be integrated, but the light must be centered on your bike. They can not have distracting paterns, and this is decided by the cop. Also, the turn signals must be a different color then the brake/running light. They can not be the same color. Turn signals must also be viewable from all angles on the bike, this is done with the front and the back obviously. And that there, my friends, is the law as it stands here in Florida.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
is that only for motorcycles?

I bet I can find a car in Florida that has the same color blinker as brakelight :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the different color applies for for integrated, single hung lighting systems, from what they told me.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
aahhhh.....another reason I love our "normal" State of Texas laws, I just don't see why some states confuse things:
----------------------------

TRC §547.323.

STOPLAMPS REQUIRED

(c) A stoplamp shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

(d) A stoplamp shall emit a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, that is:

(1) visible in normal sunlight at a distance of at least 300 feet from the rear of the vehicle; and

(2) displayed when the vehicle service brake is applied.

(f) A stoplamp may be included as a part of another rear lamp

TURN SIGNAL LAMPS REQUIRED.

(a)Exceptas provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with electric turn signal lamps that indicate the operator's intent to turn by displaying flashing lights to the front and rear of a vehicle or combination of vehicles and on that side of the vehicle or combination toward which the turn is to be made.

(c) Turn signal lamps:

(1) shall be mounted at the same level and spaced as widely apart as practicable on the front and on the rear of the vehicle; and

(2) may be included as a part of another lamp on the vehicle.

(d) A turn signal lamp shall emit:

(1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle; or

(2) a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

Looks like the UFO and any other integrator is legal in Texas. No laws listed at all about the running lights...

Heck, in this link:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/standout.htm+motorcycle+running+lights&site=crawl&output=xml_no_dtd&client=crawl&proxystylesheet=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.txdps.state.tx.us%2Fincludes%2Fstyles%2Finternetstylesheet.xslt]TxDPS-Ride Bright[/url]
They tell you to drive with high beams on during the day, use modulating headlights, and have running lights!

·
Registered
322 Posts
i'm sorry but i got the integrator from customled.com. yea its 20 bucks more thatn hammy but at least i know they will be seen. you can order them from McCoy motorsports. there is a link on the far left column (top add i believe)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts