Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone ive tried to search here and other sites but i still cant get a straight answer (maybe you other 05'er can help me here). I have a 2005 r6 with 100 miles and when i am stopped in neutral it makes a loud knocking sound. When i pull the clutch in, it stops. It seems to be too loud to be normal, but i have read different threads that say its normal. Let me know, thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
its normal. i have a 04 and its done that since it was brand new. when the clutch is out the gears are spinning so you hear them and when you pull the clutch in it stops the gears from spinning. mine also makes a ticking noise which is diffrent all together but alot of other people say they have.

·
Registered
351 Posts
R6IAN said:
mine also makes a ticking noise which is diffrent all together but alot of other people say they have.
Does your ticking sound, like there is a leaf stuck in the fan?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are two sound that I've found to be normal on my 05'. About the cluctch rattling sound is normal. The second is the ticking of the injectors. I'll get confirmation tomorrow from the dealer once they do a through 600 miles first checkup. Keep an eye out for both breaks when it comes to noise or feel. Both front and rear pad seems to be loose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
On my '05, I did notice that the injectors are quite loud too. As for the breaks, my rear breaks kinda make a deep humming sound every once in a while when i break. Anyone notice this also? Problem?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Your rear brakes are either glazed or they have rust on them from getting damp. Use them it will go away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
prolly right considering i only have 230 miles on my bike....when i first got my new bike it rained for 1 1/2 weeks straight...arrrrgh :cuss

1 - 8 of 8 Posts