Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Yamaha R6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here but I have just purchased my first bike and I don't know about what could have caused my problem. I was riding normally, stopped at a stop sign and pulled out and started going, nothing crazy shining at 6k no problem. But I shifted in to 4th, and almost as soon as I did and gave her thottle, nothing happened. the bike was still running, but the throttle wasn't doing anything, not even revving the bike. I pulled over and the bike cut off. I shifted in to neutral and started her right back up, and didn't have any problems till I got home. Any idea what could have caused that? Should I be concerned? I will be replacing spark plugs, ignition coils, doing oil change, brake fluid change and portably a coolant flush in the next few days if that could have an affect on the problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
05 StuntBike
13 Posts
Check your tps connection. If you unbolt the panel on the right side of the bike ( 3 Allen bolts) and look on the side of the throttle body you will see the TPS. It has two security torx screws holding it. Make sure the black connector is firmly attached to the other connector and no wires are pinched or bare. It’s not likely the problem but a possibility as it controls what the throttle input is telling the ecu. You can also go into diag mode and make sure your d01 is in spec. 17-98 or close to that range closed and open throttle. There is a way to test it for a dead spot with a multi meter also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts