Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a long time isolating a charging issue (turned out a cheap stator that I replaced was no good so ended up with an oem that worked) but when I finally got the bike charging properly cylinder 1 and 3 were not firing. My thoughts were bad coils so I swapped cylinder 2 and 3 coils and it didn’t fix the issue, and then spark plugs (needed to be replaced anyways so I redid them all) still not firing in cylinder 1 and 3, so I thought CDI unit but from what I have found the CDI controls cylinders 1&2 independent of 3&4, which makes me think it’s not that since cylinders 1 and 3 are the ones misfiring and I don’t want to waste $200 on a new CDI unit if I don’t have to. Which makes me think something happened to the fuel system in the process of diagnosing my charging system since I had to take the fuel tank on and off several times, but what would cause cylinders one and three not to fire? Any info or suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NotNattyR6 Is there any good way to tell if they’re on propeperly? I took the hose off yesterday that connect from the rail to the pump and made sure the O Ring inside wasn’t kinked, snapped it together tight and still only running on 2 cylinders. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts