Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay need some help. I bought a salvaged 2005 R6. Everything is new under the plastics. Recently my check engine light comes on when the throttle is being pulled and Rpms rev. Idle it goes back off. I'm also pulling error 46. So the charging system. Anyways put new rectifier and stator and still having the same issues. I put a meter on it starts at 12.32 when idling it goes to 14.xx then when I rev it will go up to 19v+. Anyways I was riding just a few min ago and I get error 2 on the cluster and then. Dead! EVERYTHING! No communication to any of the bike. No dash, no fuel pump. Dead! Now with error code 2, communication with ECU. So I assume the 19v had finally took its toll and fried meter, ECU. Anyone run into this problem. Bike pushing 19v and error 2 with complete blackout. Help please.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,393 Posts
Well considering the ER2 code is no signal being received FROM the ECU, it’s more likely you’ve blown something inside the ECU by sending nearly twice the rated voltage into it. Electronic components don’t like that.

You had a bad regulator portion in that “new” rectifier, and ignored it. Sorry

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there,

Your rectifier is 100% toasted (even if out of the box) if you install it, and you get 19+V on aceleration, its 100% toasted.

A new and good rectifier will NOT output more then 14.3-14.5V on the battery, that´s a good OEM one.

The excess Voltage most likely ruined something on the ecu yes , and that does not surprise me. that´s why things work on a certain voltage (13-14V).

Mechanical parts, you generally can abuse them, and get away with it, not so much with electronics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts