Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Luke and up for sale is my 2005 Yamaha R6. The 600cc. bike is currently set up for track only use and is super-stock legal in ANY race organization. I have retained all the original electrical connections for an easy conversion back to a street legal machine if desired. The bike has 30,000 miles on the OD. and has been professionally maintained for it's lifetime. It's actual miles are between 25,000 and 28,000. It has had a recent full tune up with the following details: New spark plugs & coil packs, fresh oil change, refurbished front and rear suspension, fresh steering stem lubrication and tightening, brand new Barnett Kevlar clutch pack, new throttle cables, a full distilled water coolant flush, re-filled with distilled water and Water Wetter additive and a throttle body synch. The valves were also checked and are in spec.

This is a make an offer ad. Make me a reasonable offer and it may be yours. I am going to sell it to the first person that gives me a real and reasonable offer. In my other post I was asking for $4,500. That is no longer standing. I know what I really want and if your offer is close, it could be yours.

The bike is feature packed with the following add on-s:

Scorpion GP style exhaust ( slip on only )
B&M air filter
Factory Pro Super flare velocity stacks ( the expensive ones )
Factory Pro +6 deg. Ignition advance cam
Dyno-Jet PCIII with Quick-shifter
Thermo insulated air box
Brand new RK chain
Brand new Vortex sprockets
Vortex adjustable rear-sets
Foam filled gas tank
Key-less spin off gas cap
Barnett Kevlar race clutch pack ( recent Install )
Early warning overheat light ( lights earlier than stock warning light )
Vortex clip on-s
Quick throttle conversion
Key-less ignition system integrated into kill switch
Heavy weight oil in front forks, per Dave Moss of Catalyst Reaction, recommendations
Rear shock rebuilt and re-valved by GP Suspension, re-sprung for 165 lb. person with Eibach spring
Sprint linear mount steering damper ( 13 positions )
Front brakes are EBC HH compound race pads ( laser cut and has special no fade compound )
Steel braided front brake lines

The bike has been altered in these ways from stock for performance reasons:

Removal of entire CA. emissions system
Removal of A.I.S system
Removal of cooling fans
Removal of any unneeded relays and lever switches
Removal of kickstand and it's safety system
Removal of any unneeded plastic covers or compartments
Rear shock is shimmed for better turn in with larger tires
Addition of all the above mentioned add on-s

Included with the purchase of this bike, will be a spare set of front forks ( re-build needed ), a spare front rim ( needs to be straightened ), sprockets and any other spare parts I have for it. Sorry the bike stands are not included for this sale. The bike has a clean title and the title is in hand.

Any reasonable offer will be entertained. The bike is located in Santa Barbara Ca., and shipping, or bike exchange arrangements can be made for out of town buyers. I have no sob story to give about why I am selling the machine. I am simply looking to sell this one so I can get a 1000 cc. machine instead. This is a good opportunity for someone to acquire a solid, clean, good looking track bike. The bikes performance can be seen by going to this link:

I am running the bike in the A group ( fastest pace group ) of a track-day organization. As you can see the bike and I perform very well.

Serious inquires please feel free to call me at: 805-708-4636
Or e-mail: [email protected]
Or via this forum through the message service.

Pics:

AND AN ACTION SHOT:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts