Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R6 has been in my garage for about a month. I went to start it about a week ago, and it ran like a top. Today, I try to start it and it just keeps turning over without the slightest burp. All the lights come on and read fine. Any ideas?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
My R6 has been in my garage for about a month. I went to start it about a week ago, and it ran like a top. Today, I try to start it and it just keeps turning over without the slightest burp. All the lights come on and read fine. Any ideas?
Charge the battery or jump it?

Out of gas?

·
Registered
277 Posts
My battery died on new years eve. Had to find a hill to roll down and start it that way. Battery's good now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U sure? Cause I know if you don't have a FULL charge on the FE bikes, they won't start.

U smelling fuel or anything like that?
Ok, update. I tried the roll-start thingy and after about the 10th time it finally started, so I took it around the block a few times to warm it up. So I guess now Ill try to star it up tonight, and if it dosent, than I guess its a battery?

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Ok, update. I tried the roll-start thingy and after about the 10th time it finally started, so I took it around the block a few times to warm it up. So I guess now Ill try to star it up tonight, and if it dosent, than I guess its a battery?
You will know within an hour. Ive left my bike sit for a week or two without being started and the start is a bit sluggish. If your gonna be storing your bike for more than a week i would hook it up to a battery tender. Its saved me hundreds of dollars over the last 3 years.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
More than likely the battery is ok and just needs to be fully charged. You know anyone with a battery tender or charger you can borrow? If you don't, you gotta ride it for an hour or so to let it charge via the stator/charging system

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
WIth a dead battery all you would hear is a click click from the starter relay, it would not even attempt to start. When my batery had a bad cell and only held 11.2 volts my bike would start SOMETIMES, and it was either it would instantly start like normal, or just click click from the starter relay, so im sort of doubting it is your battery.

Check with a voltmeter, a good battery will hold a charge of AT LEAST 12.6 VDC.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
its worth the $25 to pick one up from walmart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts