Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just trashed my 03 R6 and I am debating getting another 03 or 04. I have heard that the guys at Yamaha are going to redesign the R6 for 2005. Has anyone else heard the same or have any info about what it might be about?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Wait about another month and all the speculations will be laid to rest on the 05 r6. Yamaha will unvail the new r6 towards the end of september i can't remember the exact date. Then you can decide whether or not you want an 05 or not.

But once the 05 model is introduced you can put your name on a waithing list or get some really good deals on a new 04. So how did you trash your six??? Hope you're alright!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low sided into the side of a mountain. Hit some moisture in the road with me knee down. I guess draggin knee wasn't enough. I wanted to drag the entire body! It sucked but I have been home for almost 2 weeks now with 2 fractured vertabrae. I'll be back at it soon.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya pretty much everything your here right now is just speculation on what they could do. like undertail exhaust, radial mount brakes, and upsidedown forks. im hoping for the later of the two myself :cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Sept. 18th or something like that...I know it is that weekend

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
UPSIDEDOWN Forks LOKI? :hammer

·
Registered
786 Posts
Are inverted forks even that much better? I almost like the look of the regular forks over the greasy shiny fork showin on some of the newer "fancier" sportbikes...... and radial brakes? mehhh.. I couldn't care.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
When honda was developing the 600RR they try the inverted forks and Radial brakes but found that there was no significant improvement

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah, as far as the inverted forks go, there is a debate about if it is beneficial to the 600 class because some people think it is too stiff for the lighter bikes. And for the radial brakes, they are supposedly better because the mount is less likely to flex when the caliper compresses. Again some people disagree with that, saying that there is no noticable improvement between the two, go figure. I think the big update for the 05 will be titanium internals like the new gixxer has, probably bump the power up a hp or 2.

·
Registered
8 Posts

No undertail? :cuss

That was the main reason I didn't get one of the last '04s.
This is crap!

And in further :cuss it appears the super-sweet $39 per month
deal ends in august, before the '05 arrives.

Some one has this information and better give it up, or else :poke

·
Registered
614 Posts
There has got to be a way to mod somthing to use as an undertail on the six and make it look decent. Posibly using some R1 parts?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
if 05 r6 has undertail i will be lookin for a different bike to buy:jerkit
AMEN

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i dont mind the undertail as long as they make it flow with the rest of the bike, the R1 is the closest to doing it but its not even completely right. im not gettin an 05 but im still anxious to see what they do to it this year :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8 Posts
tail

So...someone isn't a fan of the undertail...
While I'm far from an expert, I want the undertail
for track days so if I crack the bike up at least there's
a chance the can will survive. Oh, and I don't want that
can in the way of my spectacular lean angle (Ha ha)

I read on another forum that a fellow with an MV
hated the exhaust smell that stuck to his chlothes
due to the undertail. Anyone hear about this??

newtampa-r6 :
Payoff? yes, the tax refund in march of '06 will pay the bike off.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i can see how the eddying effect(like in rivers) might bring the exhaust around and back onto you. but i havent heard anyone complain about it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts