Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make removing the airbox a little less time consuming. The delay in the slides opening is a little sooner and the bike feels just as powerful down low. 1/2 ID hose with a brass male/male connector’s and two cone filters.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Nickel Hood
Along with the clean air mod eliminating the breather hose that goes into the back of the airbox all it takes to remove is loosening the clamps. It may have no affect performance wise ( or at least no negative affect ) but I like the cleaner look and ease of access now
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper
The case breather hose runs from the case, around the throttle body and down near the over flow tank, out to the front to a third cone filter.

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve had them stay open and felt fine down low. Did you eliminate the coolant lines to the tb as well?
No the coolant lines need to be there for the auto choke. They sell slide stops to keep them open. But from what I’ve read and been told the purpose of them are to restrict airflow via vacuum to help low end power. They changed it from vacuum slides to variable velocity stacks in the new gens but from what my shop that races tell me, the vacuum system is better in the case of torque and the new gen bikes don’t put out the same power curve

· Registered
69 Posts
Decided to make removing the airbox a little less time consuming. The delay in the slides opening is a little sooner and the bike feels just as powerful down low. 1/2 ID hose with a brass male/male connector’s and two cone filters. View attachment 379840 Along with the clean air mod eliminating the breather hose that goes into the back of the airbox all it takes to remove is loosening the clamps. It may have no affect performance wise ( or at least no negative affect ) but I like the cleaner look and ease of access now View attachment 379841 The case breather hose runs from the case, around the throttle body and down near the over flow tank, out to the front to a third cone filter.
I'd thought of doing the same to my TBs recently🤘looks clean

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd thought of doing the same to my TBs recently🤘looks clean
Thank you. Months later and still no negative effects. I was worried maybe the humidity here in Florida would cause water build up but the slides are as clean as the day I installed it. It was well worth the time save removing and reinstalling all the hard to reach clamp spots

1 - 6 of 6 Posts