Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zoom
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just picked up a 2005 r6 that I am looking to turn into a head turner. It is bone stock except for a Jardine slip on. There is several things I am looking to do to the bike but seeing as how this is the first time I've ventured into the customization scene, I thought I would ask for some more experienced opinions:

Here is a list of things I want to do:

Undertail - Leaning toward the hotbodies undetail because I would like to relocate the liscence plate to the swing arm or further back into the wheel well. The hotbodies undertail requires drilling to attach a liscense plate bracket, which I don't, so it would give the sleek look I am going for. Does anyone have any better suggestions on the best way to do this?

I would love to do the angel eyes mod but I have been reading all over the web that some of the kits out there are shotty and the lights can melt. I was wondering if anyone here knew of anyone that does the mod and does it well.

I have already ordered some frame sliders as I'm sure that suggestion will come out.

I had someone suggest the Graves flushies. They do look good but cost about 3 times as much as other flushies around. I would like to know if they are that much better than everything else.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Unless you mount the Lic in the fender original spot.You will have to drill for the holes.The other option that i can think of is relocating the lic plate down by the Rr axle on the swing.You have to put a curvature into the plate though & Ive read this is illegal(to hard to read).

No personal exp with angle eyes, sorry!

Graves maybe are a 3 wire LED.Most are two only.Three wires means the lamps work as running & signal lamps.Two wire systems only function as signals, but a simple relay can solve this.Perosnally i went with "cheap"($28) flush signal LED lamps w/ a relay to keep the running lamp functional.Graves are about $90 too much just for flushies!!

·
Project MIDNITE continues
229 Posts
I have just picked up a 2005 r6 that I am looking to turn into a head turner. It is bone stock except for a Jardine slip on. There is several things I am looking to do to the bike but seeing as how this is the first time I've ventured into the customization scene, I thought I would ask for some more experienced opinions:

Here is a list of things I want to do:

Undertail - Leaning toward the hotbodies undetail because I would like to relocate the liscence plate to the swing arm or further back into the wheel well. The hotbodies undertail requires drilling to attach a liscense plate bracket, which I don't, so it would give the sleek look I am going for. Does anyone have any better suggestions on the best way to do this?

I would love to do the angel eyes mod but I have been reading all over the web that some of the kits out there are shotty and the lights can melt. I was wondering if anyone here knew of anyone that does the mod and does it well.

I have already ordered some frame sliders as I'm sure that suggestion will come out.

I had someone suggest the Graves flushies. They do look good but cost about 3 times as much as other flushies around. I would like to know if they are that much better than everything else.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.
what color is the bike ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts