Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find the location of the servo motor on a 2005 r6. Also, I have a servo buddy to resolve the Check Engine Light. I am upgrading to an M4 exhaust.

I have been looking online and through the forum. Feel free to leave links to older threads or provide feedback.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no servo motor for the exhaust on any of the Gen 2 R6's (03-05 and 06-09 "S" models)

edit: at least in the USA market, europe may be different
Thank you for your help. I will see if i can give the servo buddy to my friend for his 2020 r6. This has made my day lol! thank you bro!

·
nova r6
3,261 Posts
Did you ever figure out the check engine light on the bike? Yamaha does have a diagnostic mode in the dash and one of the sections shows all of the fault codes in the history and depending on the active code it will show a 2 digit number before you start the bike. If you get the service manuals this will tell you how to get to that and what all the code numbers are. You will need the 2003 manual, 2004 supplement, and the 2005 supplement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you ever figure out the check engine light on the bike? Yamaha does have a diagnostic mode in the dash and one of the sections shows all of the fault codes in the history and depending on the active code it will show a 2 digit number before you start the bike. If you get the service manuals this will tell you how to get to that and what all the code numbers are. You will need the 2003 manual, 2004 supplement, and the 2005 supplement.

So I do not have a check engine light. I was staying that I have a servo buddy to resolve the check engine. However I was unaware of the servo motor not being in gen2 r6s.

I have to get a mid pipe on my bike to get the aftermarket exhaust.
Thanks for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts