Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, new to the forums and riding so here is the first post. i have an 06 r6 i recently purchased, weather hasn't been great at all so i had enough time to remove the fairings see what's what - change the oil, lube the chain, add fuel stabilizer etc..

I took off the seat and removed the battery to put it on the tender as it dies rather quickly, when i went to put it back in i realized the battery was sitting on top of the rubber strap but i can not figure out what it attaches to, in addition i noticed the bar that holds it down only had 2 screws in it and had holes for 4 so im guessing the previous owner didn't think it was necessary.

ok im done boring you all now - can someone please post a picture of that range r6 underseat and so i could see where i could attach the strap and whether or not it did have 4 screws in that bar (i can't really describe it well, although it looks like it holds down the tank and also is used for battery support??)

thanks

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts

i think i've got a couple bolts that'll fit PERFECTLY. get me your address, and shoot me $1 and i'll get em to ya. lemme verify tomorrow that they'll work (i'm 99% sure they will).

as for the strap - there are two "hooks" on the front and back of that space in the subframe. it's not hard - just kinda a PITA to get with that fat battery in there. haha

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dude, i got the front one hooked up, i've got the front ( near tank) hook attached i can't figure out where the one closer to the tail clips on to, can i trouble you for that picture as well?

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts

i think i've got a couple bolts that'll fit PERFECTLY. get me your address, and shoot me $1 and i'll get em to ya. lemme verify tomorrow that they'll work (i'm 99% sure they will).

as for the strap - there are two "hooks" on the front and back of that space in the subframe. it's not hard - just kinda a PITA to get with that fat battery in there. haha
Agg, what did you use to secure the side panels on the tank ?? I have mine on zip ties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts