Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!, i finally made the jump from my 1999 r6 to a 2006 r6, but im finding a problem when riding, i notice the bike sometimes doesnt want to switch into 3rd gear, i sometimes have to drop it to 2nd and then back up to 3rd for to go into gear, seems kind of iffy. Also when in neutral the bike seems to still want to roll forward...by its self... Lol Any tips, adjustment or lubrication i need to do?:(

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey guys!, i finally made the jump from my 1999 r6 to a 2006 r6, but im finding a problem when riding, i notice the bike sometimes doesnt want to switch into 3rd gear, i sometimes have to drop it to 2nd and then back up to 3rd for to go into gear, seems kind of iffy. Also when in neutral the bike seems to still want to roll forward...by its self... Lol Any tips, adjustment or lubrication i need to do?:(
How new is the bike? When my oil needs changed mine will act up going into gear. I have never had to down shift and shift up again but I have had to disengage/re-engage the clutch and shift. In neutral the bike will move depending on incline and how your weight is poised. You shouldn't have to fight it though...does it feel that there is power to the rear wheel in neutral?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely feels as if there is very little power on the back wheel, also the bike im assuming had been sitting in the garage for a while, when i got it the battery was dead, and he said he changed the oil about 6 months ago. It may have been more.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike has 7,100 miles, any tips on what Oil should i drop in there or oil filter? Im thinking about K and N and maybe some Amsoil or Motul, maybe even Repsol. Dont know lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
The bike has 7,100 miles, any tips on what Oil should i drop in there or oil filter? Im thinking about K and N and maybe some Amsoil or Motul, maybe even Repsol. Dont know lol
Theres a few threads on this already so I would read them for more opinions. I use Repsol Full Synthetic 10W-40 and a Yamaha filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would agree on sticking with a yahama filter, i use motul, but thats all ive ever used. you will see that should fix it. i mean it is a yahama everyone knows there build like tanks lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, one more thing i forgot to add was about it rolling forward in neutral, its actually when its in first gear and the clutch is pulled in, it still wants to roll forward... weird... but anyways ill get it on the oil change deal. Thanks Guys!

I decided to drop some pics of the bike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts