Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow r6 riders, ive got a 2006 r6 that keeps dieing on me when i come to a stop of any kind or when i begin to slow down. the only thing that keeps it from cutting out is if i pull the clutch all the way in and hold it.

i recently did the oil change, air filter change, and i tightened my chain a bit. after doing all this, thats when my problem started.

does anyone have any idea or had a similar problem with your bike doing this. ive read alot about 03 r6 doing it. but i havent seen 06 07 08 r6 doing this. i even went ahead and let some oil out of the engine, to see if thats what it was and its still doing the same thing. just cuts off. the bike turns on easy, runs great, its when i start to slow down that the problem occurs.

help would be appreciated.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey paytheon, thanks for your help.

first question, i think it could be my idle. how do i turn it up. right now its idling at just about 1000 rpms when i turn on the bike. where do i adjust from?

and my coils. hmmm, are those expensive, and where are they. thanks..

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
You also need to lift your tank and see if all the fuel lines are not kinked. That can produce the issue you are experiencing as well. Your manual has a section on how to adjust the idle. I don't know what year bike you have.

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bike is a 2006 R6, not the S model. i checked the fuel lines under my tank they were okay. no pinching. how do you know when youve burned a coil? and ill check my manual for idle adjustments. is the idle also located under my tank? and thanks again for your help paytheon.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your coils would look like a greyish color, and they would really stick to your spark plugs when you go to take them off. Your bike should be running around 1200 RPM's though, I have an 08, and i had an 07. I didnt have that problem on mine. Just really make sure that you put ALL hoses and connectors back on after you did your air filter, etc.

P.S. Make sure you have the right amount of oil in it, no more, no less. Your engine and your trans uses the same oil!!

·
where da shrooms at?
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks 007, reason i dont think its the coils, is because prior to me doing the oil change and air filter, the bike was running like a champ. it was time to do the maintenance so i did it. normally i take it to the shop and pay, because my job always pays for my motorcycle maintenance, but i dont use my bike for work anymore so i did it myself. and look what a great job i did.

also if the coils were messed up, what would the bike feel like. cause it runs great, its just when i gotta stop. thanks for your help, im gonna check it all out again.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Maybe you left a vacume hose disconnected when you re-installed your filter/box!

·
Registered
13 Posts
no prob bro, anytime

·
Registered
13 Posts
no prob bro, anytime

·
My R6 Beats Me!
10 Posts
Other than too much oil what else could this be? This just happened a couple of times for the first time 2day :( been riding it everyday for the past 2 weeks and has never missed a beat...does that rule out too much oil?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts