Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
You should really do it right the first time and avoid doing it all twice. If your just going to drain it out of the top of the fork then putting the same back in will have to do but you are making the assumption that none has leaked out over the life of the bike. Either way your doing one fork at a time. Drain one and fill with how ever much came out and put it back together, same for the second.

· Registered
198 Posts
Thanks, I'm starting to lean towards that way too. I'll look into getting the toolkit and see if I can borrow a front stand from someone. The one I have uses the fork so its useless for this.
That's the route that I went. Local shops may do it for a similar price if you take them off the bike if you consider the cost of buying tools as well though. Also you don't need a front stem stand. I used a piece of wood and an automotive jack to lift under the header since I a fork stand as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.