Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I suppose it's about time to get rid of the six. :( Me and the wife had our first baby and it sucks leavin her at home without a vehicle when I can't ride the R6. I had to move to Idaho so no more year 'round riding like i did in Florida haha. I'll copy and paste out of my CL add to save some hassle, but let me know if you have any other questions.

"I'm looking to sell my 2006 R6S with 8,5XX miles on it. I am the second owner of this bike but I purchased it with only 375 miles on it when I lived in Florida. I have babied the heck out of this thing since the day I bought it, my wife still laughs at me, but it's time to get a second vehicle now that our first baby is in the picture. The bike has been stored in my garage every night since i've owned it. The motor is completely stock and has it's oil changed every 3k miles after it's break-in with Amsoil full synthetic 10W-40 motor oil which is arguably the best oil out there. Spark plugs have been changed recently when the throttle bodies were synced. It has Bridgestone Battlax BT-016's on front and rear with about 700 miles on them, Puig double bubble dark smoke windscreen, Proton flush mount turn signals with 3 modes of blinking (currently strobe), Shogun no-cut frame sliders, and blue rim tape with Yamaha lettering. I have painted the stock exhaust can with high temp flat black because it looks much better than silver, as well as removed the stock white decals from the front fairings and left only the R6s decal. I have a shorty stock can from a newer model R6 modded to fit this bike but it's too loud for my taste, it will be included in case you like loud, as well as any stock pieces I have replaced with the aforementioned items. The bike has been (gently) laid on its side in a parking spot. I was parking it and the kickstand didn't go fully forward and by the time I realized that it was tipping, I couldn't fully stop it since I was still straddling it. The scratches are minimal but If they bother you a whole lot, a new stator cover is $120. It was about 2 days before I got my frame sliders in the mail, bummer. The bike was literally gently set down, but due to its weight, it did leave some marks pictured below.

Other items included with asking price:

-GPI Industries font and rear race stands with pads and spool adapters
-Medium blue HJC helmet with dark smoke and clear visors
-Medium White/Gray Shift Racing leather jacket that fits authorized Air Force policy on bright colors - w/ vest liner
-Medium Pink AFX helmet
-Size 6 (fits like medium) white Field Sheer textile jacket w/full fleece liner
-Any stock items i replaced with after-market ones listed above

Email or text me (Mike) any questions or if you'd like to see more pictures or come take a look in person. Email is linked above and phone is 208-515-19zero3. No test drives unless cash is in hand, I'm not wanting to get stuck with someone else's "oops" as I'm sure you understand.As far as trades are concerned, possibly in the market for a sporty car (civic SI, mustang, jetta, lancer, celica, etc)possibly a 4x4 of equal value, less than 100k miles, shoot me an email/text with offer."

http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/2061965063.html

There's some small pics in the add, let me know if you'd like bigger ones. Thanks guys,

-Mike

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
You'll need to add the pics to this ad.

Good luck with sale :cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts