Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a candy red 07 R6. I'm looking for replacement fairings as a fire destroyed mine. I see the new 2011 bike brought back the candy red. Will the 11 fairings fit the 07? If not what are my year options? I'm having a hard time finding the 07 red fairings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Is the bike rideable? Since you'll probably get insurance money for it, you can either a) buy the OEM fairings from honda toledo, b) get street version race fairings c) If your insurance decides to just total it, get a new bike.
How'd the bike catch on fire? Hope no one was hurt or worse when it happened.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Is the bike rideable? Since you'll probably get insurance money for it, you can either a) buy the OEM fairings from honda toledo, b) get street version race fairings c) If your insurance decides to just total it, get a new bike.
How'd the bike catch on fire? Hope no one was hurt or worse when it happened.
He took one of the guys advice here and used flamethrower method. What he failed to do was put it in first.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
:popcorn:

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I have a candy red 07 R6. I'm looking for replacement fairings as a fire destroyed mine. I see the new 2011 bike brought back the candy red. Will the 11 fairings fit the 07? If not what are my year options? I'm having a hard time finding the 07 red fairings.
not sure if they fit or not, but i have a brand new set of 09 fairings in orange/black that i'm willing to part with for the right price...

s3aturnr

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
pretty sure only 06/07 fairings are interchangeable, so you can go with candy red again, yamaha blue, charcoal raven, for 07 or black raven, yamaha blue, or anniversary yellow for the 06.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
pretty sure only 06/07 fairings are interchangeable, so you can go with candy red again, yamaha blue, charcoal raven, for 07 or black raven, yamaha blue, or anniversary yellow for the 06.
+1
06/07 are the same, anything before or after will not fit. 08 they changed up the mid fairing design a little

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Off to ebay to find some red or black 06/07 fairings. I think the Raven fairing may still look OK with the red tank and tail...

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Thanks guys. Off to ebay to find some red or black 06/07 fairings. I think the Raven fairing may still look OK with the red tank and tail...
Careful of Hong Kong fairings, heard and saw some horror stories of the bike's heat melt deforming them.

·
drag some knee
494 Posts
i wanna let you in on a little secret.... if you go buy a fairing stay that is 08+ and a subframe guess what they fit like a glove gas tank and all so yes you can make an 06-07 like like a 08-11

and i have a set of plastics for an 08-09 if your interested

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
the black 06 raven set is pretty nice, but if u have a red tank id just get the red set to match mainly because the raven set is all black. If you end up getting the black set and want to sell ur red tank im looking for one

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a full set of fairings including Fuel tank 2007 candy red for sale If you want.
PM me......
And If you find a black tank(raven) I can exchange It for my red tank If someone is interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts