Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a cheap place to get this fixed in San Diego? I have called a couple dealers and they are charging about $290 for parts and labor? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper? Kinda working on unemployment and that's a huge chunk of cash for me right now. Thanks :)

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
200 is standard with no parts or oil in my opinion. i would find someone who knows what they are doing in your area, buy the parts, and have them show you how to do it for future reference! Its easy but you just need to know what you're doing.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
200 is standard with no parts or oil in my opinion. i would find someone who knows what they are doing in your area, buy the parts, and have them show you how to do it for future reference! Its easy but you just need to know what you're doing.
I think you mean minus parts? If not man that's cheap. Cheapest you can get someone around here to do it at a shop is $150-175 if you provide all the parts and oil and the dealers will still charge $220 if you bring your own parts. Dealers and shops around here are closer to $250-300+ if you just drop the bike off. I called around not too long ago because I had to do mine and didn't feel like messing with it. I couldn't get a dealer to even do them for under $200 even if I pulled the fork tubes myself and brough all the parts and oil as well. I was like:eek5 I'll do it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts