Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to sum things up, I just bought an r6 that is titled as a 2007. Vin on frame matches title, and yes this bike was legally purchased(at least when I purchased it) I know it’s been wrecked, as it has a restored salvage title. However, many of the parts are NOT 2007. The front end is different, as it doesn’t have the inverted forks, the plastics are off of a 2001 I believe. Was just wondering would these parts from older models bolt right on? Aka the old style triple trees and plastics?

·
Reads the rulez
2,236 Posts
These bikes have been out for over a decade and people still don't know the differences between the two R6 models. Gotta be ****ing shittin me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well this is my first sport bike bud. How about educating me before you belittle me. What would the differences be?

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,811 Posts
Ok well this is my first sport bike bud. How about educating me before you belittle me. What would the differences be?
the time to do DUE DILLIGENCE is before the purchase... not after :fact

Ive seen guys buy and part these bikes out... then have enough left over to build a whole nuther bike...
if you have conventional forks with axial calipers... thats just poor purchasing on your part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts