Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drop a gear and disappear
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend asked me to post on here for him since he is not forum savvy...

He has an 07 R6, Rode fine all last season. Couldn't get it to start about a week ago so he just replaced the battery. There's a lot more juice now but still being stubborn and won't start.

Heres a link to a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtig4GBev8

Any ideas?

Thanks guys :cheers

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a power commander on it? If so make sure the lead off the harness is grounded
Thought of that just as I posted this and told him to make sure it was! He's going to check it when he gets home and let me know. Thanks!

How long has it been sitting! Have you tried some fresh fuel?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Been sitting over the winter months... fresh fuel would be a good idea...Will post back if anything changes thanks

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Bike needs 3 things to run. Air, fuel and spark. Check to see which one you are missing
Also compression..;)

"It just doesn't matter"

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Similar problem so my friends ninja 650... Hope you get it figured out without breaking the bank.
Thanks man

Bike needs 3 things to run. Air, fuel and spark. Check to see which one you are missing
Fresh gas and Changing spark plugs as we speak, hopefully its just these.

I've had this happen twice with bikes running annitori quick shifter units. Jumping the bike with jumper cables can burn it right out and it won't start. Not sure if the bike has a standalone QS on it. If it does then that's what I'd be looking at

:YEA
Thanks but no quickshifter on this one yet... Had to think for a moment because his last one did and he had the same problem :lmao

Also compression..;)

"It just doesn't matter"
:jacked

·
Abide.
73 Posts
Bad plugs will still give you a fire here and there. It's just not getting any fuel.

Did he pull the battery before winter? If so, the tank usually has to be unbolted to shimmy the battery out. If one of the several tank hoses comes undown during the movement of the tank, I would expect that exact noise.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bad plugs will still give you a fire here and there. It's just not getting any fuel.

Did he pull the battery before winter? If so, the tank usually has to be unbolted to shimmy the battery out. If one of the several tank hoses comes undown during the movement of the tank, I would expect that exact noise.
Thank you i'll give that a look as well! :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts