Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, Im new to the forums. I have already tried searching for the answer to the issue and have not found much that helps me.

so pretty much I traded my drz400 for a 07 r6 thats been sitting for 3 years.

The gas tank was completely rusted so I got a new tank and fuel pump. cleaned the injectors. got a new battery and tried cranking her up. at first she didnt crank but after putting gas in the airbox and putting a new battery in she cranked right up. and sounds amazing

now is the issue im running into. She cranks but wont hold idle UNLESS I keep my finger on the starter button and give throttle.

i diagnosed and got 3 error codes in d61
the codes are 19/30/60

the bike has 25k miles for a 07, never been dropped. aside from not idleing i cant see any other problems with the bike but im stumped with the idle problem. anyone have any ideas or advice for what steps I should take to get the bike started and back on the road?

thank you for taking the time to read my post, looking forward to hearing your input.
Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Yellow

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,489 Posts
First of all, your bodywork indicates that is a 2008, not 2007. That makes a difference if your problem is the throttle body servo.
Attached are screenshots of the manual for the faults you listed and what to look at:
Fault 19:
Font Parallel Number Document Pattern

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

Fault 30:
Font Parallel Number Document

Font Parallel Number Document Pattern

Fault 60:
Font Parallel Number Rectangle Document

Font Number Document Parallel

Reactions: AyoLingo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, your bodywork indicates that is a 2008, not 2007. That makes a difference if your problem is the throttle body servo.
Attached are screenshots of the manual for the faults you listed and what to look at:
Fault 19:
View attachment 378749
View attachment 378748
Fault 30:
View attachment 378751
View attachment 378750
Fault 60:
View attachment 378753
View attachment 378752
thank you for the help. allow me some time to read and research the possible solutions for the codes

and its a kit on the bike. title states 2007 good eye though!!

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,489 Posts
Sales titles don’t always reflect model year. If the manufacture date is after Aug 07, then it is most likely an 08 model. As I said, the difference that may matter for you at the moment would be that servo code. If there is a mechanism inside the air box to lift the intake stacks, it’s an 08.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sales titles don’t always reflect model year. If the manufacture date is after Aug 07, then it is most likely an 08 model. As I said, the difference that may matter for you at the moment would be that servo code. If there is a mechanism inside the air box to lift the intake stacks, it’s an 08.
you are 100% correct. title year is 2007 but the bike has the butterfly mechanism to lift the intake stacks.
but what im gathering from the codes and the troubleshooting. is my ecu might be faulty. i assume all the electrical components have rust , all the codes state that one of the reasons could be malfunctioning ecu. so Is it safe to say I need a ecu or I should get tilt sensor as well? Orignally I was thinking it was the starter relay because bike only runs when starter is engaged. like i said bike was left outside for a couple years, and this is florida. so rust got to a few places.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,489 Posts
Not necessarily the codes, but what you look at, which wires to test, and what parts to order when you do figure out the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not necessarily the codes, but what you look at, which wires to test, and what parts to order when you do figure out the problem.
thanks for having a great eye and catching that. 🙏🙏🤙🤙
is it safe to assume I should start with the ecu? the harness i didnt find any open circuits unless its some unplugged taillights for the kit that's installed.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,489 Posts
Get a manual for an 08 first. You can get it from the “Files” tab on the R6_Forum.com Facebook page. Start by erasing the codes using D62. Then get it started again and see what codes come back. Then you can diagnose your issue better.

I definitely wouldn’t start with an ECU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts